One of my brides in movie with Renee Zellwegger and Harry Connick Jr...

After another great reception last night, I was thinking (and talking) about how lucky I am to be doing something I love and I was asked what the highlights are...in other words, what's a good day? The things that make this the most fun are: I get a huge amount of satisfaction in being partially (OK, mostly) responsible for people having a good time, I take it very personally in ensuring the bride has the best day of her life so far and then she tells me exactly that, I really like using my equipment because I'm a music lover and I get to share my huge system with everyone...more or less in that order. I also remembered a wedding I did after seeing that the bride is doing a new movie with Renee Zellwegger and Harry Connick Jr. called "New in Town". You may remember Siobhan Fallon (not related to Jimmy although they both starred on Saturday Night Live) as Elaine's roommate on Seinfeld, the bus driver in Forrest Gump or as Alec Baldwin's sister on 30 Rock. The point here is, although she was already very famous at the time I Emcee/DJ'd her reception, Siobhan was just like every other bride...frantic, happy, expectant and deserving of a good job by everyone she hires. Siobhan had an awesome reception in Cazenovia, New York just outside Syracuse and she thanked me for it. That's what I work for...from every bride...because you deserve to start your new journey with a strong step in the right direction. Just thinking out loud.